November 5, 2014

Awe-Inspiring

You can search the Internet for beautiful places in the world and top travel destinations, and in most cases these sights do not disappoint if you go there and see them for yourself. There are certain places though that I would truly call awe-inspiring. Many things can be picturesque and beautiful, but I believe that awe-inspiring is when an individual is truly moved by something else, and therefore what's awe-inspiring for one person may just be beautiful to another. During my travels there have been several places that always come back to me as being truly moving. I'm talking about places that literally took my breath away and brought me to tears. These places made me feel small, but the kind of small that is humbling and makes you feel grateful you are alive to see these wonders. Behold my personal top five awe-inspiring places. Note: the pictures will never do these justice.

1) Interior of Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Istanbul, Turkey)

2) Grand Canyon (Arizona, USA)

3) Interior of La Sagrada Familia (Barcelona, Spain)

4) Nemrut Dagi (southeastern Turkey)


5) Banaue Rice Terraces (Batad, Phillipines)

No comments:

Post a Comment